To identify, access, and advocate a broad variety of uses for media and technology that help museum professionals meet the needs of their diverse publics.
Our Activities Include:
- Serving committee members and the museum profession by tracking and advising on national policies, trends, issues, and activities in media and technology.
- Organizing program sessions, pre-conference workshops, and the Marketplace of Ideas at the AAM Annual Meeting, where delegates can observe, discuss, and participate in innovative applications relating to various disciplines and museum roles.
- Sponsoring the Annual MUSE Awards Competition to recognize excellence in museum media and interactive programs.
- Providing a link between the world of museums and that of media and technology, exploring common interests and concerns.
About the American Alliance of Museums
The American Alliance of Museums (formerly the American Association of Museums) is the one organization that supports all museums. Through advocacy and excellence, the Alliance strengthens the museum community. We support 21,000 museums, individuals and companies by:
- Developing standards and best practices
- Providing resources and career development
- Advocating for museums to thrive